Why do we use WordPress and not one of the other platforms, such as Joomla or Drupal?
The reasons are many, but let’s look at market share, first. As this chart from WebSite Setup shows, WordPress is by far the most popular web design platform in the word today. Note that these numbers are from 2015 and a lot has changed since then.
The next reason is ease of business owners to update. You don’t NEED us to update your site. However, the reality is that you really DO need us to keep your site updated. You have your own business to run. You don’t have time to keep your site updated. We can train you how to do it. But, in the end, most people don’t and one of two things happen: their site gets neglected or they come back to us to do the work. Save yourself the headaches and let us do the web for you and you run and grow your business.
Next reason to use WordPress. WordPress makes mobile users happy. It is projected that by the end of the year (2017) people will spend more time on their phone researching products an services than on a desktop or laptop. However, those same people will wait to get home to get on their desktop or laptop and make the purchase. You need to have your website “mobile ready” or, as we like to say, “responsive” so that mobile users can find you.
WordPress is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly. All that’s needed is to have good content and you will be found. DigitalOatmeal can help with that. We have writers and SEO professionals who can help you with your content. That’s what they do…all day long and they are very good at it.
WordPress loads fast. Speed is important. Out of the box, WordPress loads very fast. We work to make it load even faster. A site that loads slowly will be left behind. Some interesting facts from Kissmetrics:
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load.
- 51% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that crashed, froze, or received an error.
- 38% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that wasn’t available.
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.
WordPress can be used for any kind of site you have in mind. DigitalOatmeal can turn your WordPress site into a membership site, a blogging site, an eCommerce site if you want to sell products, or a brochure site if you want to tell people who you are and what you do. DigitalOatmeal has experience in all of these. Contact us and let’s talk about your site requirements. We can have you up and running in no time.